Monday, July 09, 2012

I don't care


I don’t care about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes getting a divorce.

I don’t care about Comic-Con.

I don’t care about what Kate Middleton or her sister is wearing to what event. I care so little I have no idea what Kate’s new title is or why it is relevant to me.  Frankly, I don’t care what the royal family does.  I am somewhat curious why they still have a royal family.

I do care about the Higgs Boson. I wish I understood what it means, but I care that they found the thing so that a few thousand people in the world can understand how the universe works.

I don’t care about whether Tiger Woods wins a golf tournament, LeBron James wins a championship or if Eli Manning is better or worse than Tony Romo.  I don’t care about fantasy football, the NHL draft, or the NBA draft, although Mike and Mike seem to care a great deal about all of those things.  I do care about Bryce Harper being be an all-star, if Mike Trout is the MVP, and whether or not the White Sox can hold on to the Central Division lead, although Mike and Mike seem to care not at all. 

I don’t care about movies made by Judd Aaptow, Wes Anderson, or Quentin Tarantino.  I do care about any movie starring Jennifer Aniston, directed by Jerry Bruckheimer, or featuring a superhero.

I don’t care who the Republican vice-presidential nominee is because I can’t possibly see any way in hell I would vote for a stick figure like Mitt Romney for president no matter who his running mate is.  After all they nominated Sarah Palin the last time so this one has to be an improvement. (If not, it will be proof positive that the Founding Fathers made a mistake.)

I don’t care about Google’s new tablet, the Kindle Fire, or Microsoft’s entry into the field.  I love my iPad.
 
I do care about excessive heat waves, severe storms, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and rising ocean levels.  Congress doesn’t seem to care much.  I care about their not caring.  If Romney gets elected I will care a lot more.

I have stopped caring about the continued viability of the death penalty in Colorado because I think for all practical purposes there is none.  I do care about the future of prosecuting violent criminals, juvenile offenders, and non-violent repeat offenders.

I don’t care about any Kardashian, Jenner, Olson twin, Jersey Shore cast member, Bristol Palin and her kid, Kate and her eight kids, or any real housewife.  I don’t care who survives Survivor, Big Brother, or Glass House, who the Bachelorette picks, who is or isn’t an Iron Chef, Project Runways contestants, or whether Britney Spears judges American Idol.  I would care about who wins The Glee Project if I still cared about Glee.

I don’t care if the TSA scans me for weapons and how invasive their scan is.  I mean, really, do I think some TSA employee wants to see me naked?  I don’t care about the government listening in on my phone calls, seeing what I type on my computer, or putting a tracker on my car.  I am not saying no one should care, but I don’t.  I don’t worry that some cop will engage in an illegal stop and frisk of me or search my house without a warrant.  I do worry that some psycho will burglarize, assault, or rob me or those whom I care about.  The ACLU apparently sees all these things the other way.

I was going to write that I don’t care if anyone reads my blog; that I write them for myself and whether people read them or not is irrelevant.  But that would be a lie.  I love that both of you read them.  And I really love comments.  Thanks.

Comments:
Miles - I care about some of the things you listed. And I think you should care too. You should care about the TSA. What if some TSA employee decides they like you, and want to take you in the back room? Would you care then? Would you care if the Government decided one day they didn't like your blog, and put you under surveillance? Or Meg? What if they deemed her a risk to national security because she has been out of the country one too many times, even it it was for legitimate purposes? I think you would care then my friend.

I agree with you, I don't care about all that other stuff, like the Kardasihans, (did I even spell that correctly?), and I don't even remember the other things you mentioned. But I do think you should care about some stuff.

Besides, I do read your blogs, and I do like them. Just sometimes I don't think to respond to them. Only when I'm "moved" to respond is when I do.... so I guess I'm moved today. Ha.
 
You've probably never watched Project Runway or you would care!
 
I appreciate your comments Amy, and thank you for reading my blog. My point about the TSA is that I don't care if their machine allows them to see me naked. Of course, I don't want them to assault me or Meg, but on the other hand, I don't have to travel by airplane if I don't want to put up with the intrusion.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]